The Shard, designed by Master Architect Renzo Piano, stands at a height of 1,016ft defining London’s skyline and recognised throughout the world.
Situated at the top of Western Europe’s tallest building, The View From The Shard is a premium visitor attraction with spectacular panoramic views of the city stretching for up to 40 miles. It’s the perfect stop for all visitors to London and a must do for those living in the capital – you’ll experience the city like never before.
1st March 2021– 31st March 2021
Wednesday – Sunday 12:00-20:00
1st April 2021 – 31st April 2021
1st May 2021 – 31st May 2021
Wednesday – Sunday 14:00-22:00 & 3rd May & 31st May
1st June 2021 – 30th June 2021
Wednesday – Sunday 14:00-22:00
Closed: 31st March 2021, 19th – 23rd April 2021, 26th -27th April 2021, 26th May 2021 and 27th May 2021
Admission to the View will only be valid on the date & time show on the ticket. Visitors arriving before their allocated time will have to wait until the time stated on their ticket before being permitted entry. Any latecomers may have to wait until capacity is available for them to enter.
Guests will arrive at level 68 before ascending to The View on level 69, a triple-height, light-filled main level where the view is revealed and London past, present and future is laid before you like you’ve never seen it before.
On level 72 guests have the opportunity to experience the elements with part of the building exposed through the fractures where the shards of glass come together and the opportunity to gaze at the giant glass shards disappearing into the sky.
Except for the entrance lobby and the booking hall, Visitors are only permitted to enter The View if they are in possession of a valid ticket. Visitors may be required to provide a proof of identification or, where applicable, the credit card used for the booking of tickets. Admission to The View will only be valid on the date and time stated on the ticket. Visitors arriving before their allocated time will have to wait until the time stated on their ticket before being permitted entry to The View. Any latecomers may have to wait until capacity is available for them to enter, subject to availability
All visitors will be subject to airport style search so please allow sufficient time for entry.
The View from the Shard is over 1000 feet from ground level so any clients suffering vertigo or any similar related issues enter the View entirely at their own risk.
Parents of young children should be aware that the View from the Shard has floor to ceiling glass.
- If You have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 please do not visit
- To help with social distancing on your visit there will be signs throughout the venue to help you stay a safe distance apart, screens at till points, bars and shops will ensure you are served safely. It is recommended you wear a face covering, although they are not mandatory in the attraction, face coverings are mandatory in the gift shop.
- Capacity has significantly been reduced to ensure that your visit is in a safe a comfortable environment
- The View From The Shard will no longer accept cash payments. All payments made in the gift shop, photo point and bars will need to be made by card.
- Please ensure that you bring your ticket with you to be able to enter the attraction
- When visiting, please make use of the hand sanitiser stations that are available throughout the venue.
- The View From The Shard have also stepped up their cleaning regime, with more frequent and deep cleans to ensure your safety.
There are 15 steps leading from the entrance on Joiner Street to the booking hall with handrails on both sides. There is a small lift to the left of these stairs. Entry to the booking hall is through a revolving door or through an automatic door to the right which is 900mm/35.5ins wide.
The booking hall is located on Level 1 of The Shard with step free level access all the way to Level 72. The floor surface is tile, the area is evenly lit with overhead lighting, there is a hearing loop system installed at each desk, and a pen and pad of paper is available at each counter.
Visitor toilets are located on Level 1 and Level 68.